Cold wave hit S. Korea amid forecast of even chillier morning
简介A cold wave hit South Korea on Tuesday, bringing temperatures below the freezing point in some regio ...
A cold wave hit South Korea on Tuesday, bringing temperatures below the freezing point in some regions in the mountainous Gangwon and Gyeonggi provinces amid forecasts that even colder weather is likely to grip the nation Wednesday.
Seoul also saw the coldest weather of this fall with 3.8 C, while the morning temperatures dipped below zero in northeastern Gyeonggi Province and the inland and mountainous areas of Gangwon Province, with Mount Seorak recording minus 6.6 C as of 5:58 a.m.
The lowest apparent temperatures in Seoul recorded 0.2 C, and Incheon hit minus 0.7 C.
Other parts of the country also recorded subzero temperatures, with Hwacheon County in the eastern Gangwon Province and Pocheon city in Gyeonggi Province recording minus 0.9 C, and minus 0.3 C, respectively, at around 7 a.m.
Sokcho in Gangwon Province and Seogwipo on the southern island of Jeju also confronted the coldest weather this season with lows of 6.3 C, and 12.7 C, respectively, and temperatures may drop further in the day.
The winter-like cold will peak early Wednesday, with the morning lows forecast to range from minus 3 C to 9 C above zero, and temperatures are expected to climb during the day to reach 13 to 19 C in the daytime, a level similar to average years.
Meanwhile, gales are expected to continue throughout the morning, with most regions seeing strong winds with instantaneous wind speed of 55 to 70 kilometers per hour. High tides and gusts of wind will affect most waterfronts in the country throughout the day, with some areas facing inclement weather until Wednesday morning. (Yonhap)
Actors and musicians have come together for a relay performance to bid a heartfelt farewell to the H ...
JAKARTA, Indonesia -- In bustling Indonesia, with its youthful population, one might assume that dig ...
The Seoul Metropolitan Government announced it will hold the first-ever light festival at Songhyeon ...
- Yoon nominates former boss to head broadcasting watchdog
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival to screen indie Korean animations
- A decade of YouTube and Korea in the World of Dave
- [Hello Indonesia] Cultural tapestry woven at 'Korea
- 안철수 “이준석 신당 성공 가능성 낮아…3가지 갖추지 못해“
- '12.12: The Day' surpasses 4m ticket sales on 12th day of release
송영길엔 선 그은 이준석 "이낙연 싫어할 이유 없다, 긍정적"
[New in Korean] Bae Myung
As streaming services raise fees, some turn to illegal streaming sites
ASEAN filmmakers' works to be screened in Busan
Yoon nominates former boss to head broadcasting watchdog
49th Seoul Independent Film Festival to screen indie Korean animations
- [HIT Forum] Korea's only astronaut highlights humanity's connection with universe
- [HIT Forum] Sci
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
- 218 Koreans head home from Israel: Foreign Ministry
- [HIT Forum] More than 400 attendees explore space at HIT forum
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- PM makes official visit to Denmark to promote Expo bid
- Viviz to drop 4th EP ‘Versus’ next month
- N. Korea's Kim, Putin exchange congratulatory messages marking 75th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- [New on scene] Kim Chang
- Samsung SDI logs record
- 北 "우간다 이어 홍콩 영사관 폐쇄"…재외공관 철수 행렬 왜
- Hyundai Mobis Q3 net jumps 78% on sales growth of key components
- Seoul International Pride Film Festival kicks off on Nov. 2
- 유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- Ruling party to appoint innovation committee members
- Koreans well equipped to overcome global economic turmoil, says ex
- SK hynix logs quarterly losses for 4th consecutive quarter
- LG Electronics to bolster local strategies, B2B push to widen gap with Chinese rivals
- Han Kang's novel shortlisted for 2 prestigious French awards
- 여권 ‘TK 지지율’ 비상…오늘 서울 오는 박근혜에 주목
- Hyundai Motor posts highest Q3 earnings on upbeat US sales
- Mirae Asset Securities names Kim Mi
- 野 "이태원 1주기 공동주최 빠지겠다"…尹대통령 참석 촉구
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…이달 18~19일 방문
- Korean beef prices, poultry shares soar as cattle disease spreads
- SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
- 윤 대통령, 4박 6일 사우디·카타르 순방 마치고 귀국
- KGC wins minister's award for IP management
- 홍준표 "난 죄 지은 것 없다, 인요한 사면 논의 자체가 쪽팔려"