Celltrion posts record earnings in Q3, buoyed by upbeat biosimilar sales
简介South Korean biopharmaceutical giant Celltrion said Tuesday it posted record earnings in the third q ...
South Korean biopharmaceutical giant Celltrion said Tuesday it posted record earnings in the third quarter, largely buoyed by upbeat sales of biosimilar products and solid contract manufacturing orders.
Celltrion's revenue in the July-September period climbed 4.1 percent on-year to 672.3 billion won ($514 million). Operating profit also went up by 25.2 percent to 267.6 billion won during the same period, while the operating margin came to 39.8 percent.
Celltrion said sales of the company’s main biosimilar products contributed to the improved performance, continuing their upward trend in securing greater shares in key markets, especially in the US and Europe.
According to IQVIA, a drug market research company, Celltrion’s Remsima, a biosimilar drug used to treat autoimmune diseases, and its subcutaneous injection formulation, Remsima SC, held a combined 69.8 percent share in the five major infliximab markets in Europe, including Germany, the UK, France, Italy and Spain, in the second quarter.
The market shares of Celltrion's rituximab Truxima and breast cancer treatment biosimilar Herzuma hit 22.3 percent and 21.7 percent in Europe, respectively.
In the US, however, market shares of Remsima and Truxima both fell slightly to 29.9 percent in the second quarter, from 30.2 percent and 30.5 percent, respectively, in the previous quarter.
Celltrion said some 60 billion won in sales from its drug substance supply deal with Teva Pharmaceutical Industries also made a major contribution to the company’s record high performance in the third quarter.
In August 2022, Celltrion signed a 110-billion-won contract manufacturing deal with Israel-based generic drugmaker Teva Pharmaceutical Industries to supply drug substance for the latter’s Ajovy, a prescription medicine used for the preventive treatment of migraine in adults.
Celltrion also has predicted a positive outlook as the company expects to launch Remsima SC, or Zymfentra, in the US in 2024. The company currently expects annual sales of Zymfentra in the US to reach 600 billion won and grow to 3 trillion won by 2030.
The launch of Zymfentra will also help Celltrion to achieve its sales target of 12 trillion won by 2030.
“After Celltrion completes its merger with Celltrion Healthcare within the year, the integrated Celltrion will be able to take a step forward to its 12-trillion-won sales target by 2030,” an official from Celltrion said.
안철수 국민의힘 의원이 6일 대구 남구 대명동의 한 복합문화공간에서 열린 기자간담회에서 발언하고 있다. 안 의원은 내년 총선과 관련 '이준석 신당'의 성공 가능성을 낮게 전망했다. ...
윤석열 대통령이 다음 달 10일 퇴임하는 유남석 헌법재판소장 후임으로 이종석(62·사법연수원 15기) 헌법재판관을 18일 지명했다. 김대기 비서실장은 이날 오후 브리핑에서 “이 후 ...
국회 국방위원회 소속 위원들이 19일 오후 제주 해군기지를 찾았다. 한기호 위원장의 인사말이 끝나자 손뼉을 치고 있다. 연합뉴스국회 국방위원회 소속 의원들이 제주 해군기지 시찰에 ...
- Korean attorney elected as new ICC judge
- Seoul shares end nearly 2% lower amid Middle East woes
- Muaz Razaq on being Muslim in South Korea
- Hyundai, Kia team up with Infineon on EV power chips
- LG H&H sales up 294% in half year on Japan's Qoo10
- Galleries vexed by outdated ban on taking older artwork out of country
- 조응천 "김종인이 2명 배제하자…민주당, 총선서 제1당 됐다"
- KIPO chief strengthens IP alliances with Middle Eastern counterparts
- N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
- Tax refund limit to be doubled for tourists
- 김용민 “尹, 총선 승리하면 계엄 선포할 것…저지선 확보해야”
- Female Nexon employee berates 'misandrist gesture' in MapleStory video
- Samsung sets up control tower for new growth drivers
- Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
- 尹, 과학기술자문회의와 오찬 “예타 간소화·예산집행 유연화 필요”
- Yoon replaces spy agency leadership
- US needs 'strategic clarity' on North Korea deterrence: report
- Yoon, Kishida receive JFK award for mending stalled ties
- "식량만 달라" NLL 표류하던 北선박, 어젯밤 北이 끌고 갔다
- 황교안 "유승민·이준석 자리만 차지…통합, 잡탕밥 돼선 안돼"
- Taemin of SHINee returns solo with 4th EP ‘Guilty’
- [Herald Interview] Korean Cultural Center in Madrid aims to extend, expand Korean culture in Spain
- [Herald Review] Up
- ‘Cenozoic Life’ to open 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival
- [Exclusive] South Korean lawmakers to join international alliance taking on China
- Exports of passenger cars up 16 pct in Q3 on eco
- Seoul shares inch up on bargain hunting ahead of Fed meeting
- Culture minister vows greater scrutiny over arts funding
- JYP's Japanese girl group NiziU debuts in Korea with single album ‘Press Play’
- Special brochure brings together Korean
- [Bills in Focus] Fighting trade theft, reinforcing depositor protection
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- Hybe artists could be returning to MBC
- [Herald Interview] Chung Ji
- [사진] “군 초급간부 여건 개선 노력해달라”