Defense minister rejects plans for J
简介Plans to have J-Hope of BTS host a military cooking competition have been canceled on orders of the ...
Plans to have J-Hope of BTS host a military cooking competition have been canceled on orders of the defense minister.
Speaking at the National Assembly on Tuesday, Minister of National Defense Shin Won-sik confirmed that he canceled the plans to have J-Hope host the International Military Cooking Competition.
"I think that it is only right that (a person) carries out the military duties just like any other soldier, regardless of being BTS," Shin said.
According to Shin, plans to have J-Hope and a TV announcer host the event were initially submitted for his review.
"I gave orders not to assign duties that fall outside of their (military) positions to soldiers who were celebrities before joining the military."
J-Hope is currently serving as an assistant instructor at an Army recruit training center as part of his national service.
The International Military Cooking Competition, now in its fourth edition, identifies and celebrates culinary talent among the Korean, US and Singaporean militaries. This year it will be held at the Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp. in Yangjae-dong, Seoul.
J-Hope officially began his military service on April 18. He has since been serving as an assistant instructor at the recruit training center of the 36th Infantry Division in Wonju, Gangwon Province.
Currently, three of the seven members of K-pop sensation BTS are enlisted for their compulsory military service: Jin, J-Hope and Suga.
The high court in Seoul on Wednesday ruled against Apple in a damages suit filed by consumers here o ...
The Seoul Independent Film Festival, the country’s one and only independent film festival with a com ...
Acclaimed South Korean author Han Kang’s latest novel, “I Do Not Bid Farewell,” has earned a spot on ...
- 12일부터 4·10총선 예비후보자 등록 시작
- SPC Chairman's office searched over alleged unjust labor practices
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Historian looks back at life dedicated to Korean studies
- S. Korea asks UAE to correct nat'l flag image mix
- Man booked for possession of machete ahead of Halloween
BTS' V and Blackpink's Jennie break up: sources
Korea Investment & Securities joins hands with Carlyle
황교안 "유승민·이준석 자리만 차지…통합, 잡탕밥 돼선 안돼"
신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
GC Biopharma breaks ground for Indonesia’s first blood products plant
Korean doctors see income surge amid intensifying physician shortage
- Eximbank holds workshop on development financing
- LG Chem opens research center in US
- [Herald Interview] Kim Gi
- Saudi crown prince gives Yoon a ride to investment forum
- Man fined for assaulting soldiers who refused to praise Kim Jong
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
- Partial list of artists to perform at 2023 MAMA Awards unveiled
- 정청래, 가결파 징계에 "신상필벌은 당연…잠시 미뤄둔 것"
- Defense chief, US envoy discuss joint efforts to deter N. Korean threats
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- [Herald Interview] Sustainability offers practical help to industries
- Samsung unveils next
- “가자주민 삶 최악…한국지원 절실”
- 43 films to premiere at Seoul International Pride Film Festival
- Seoul shares open almost flat amid geopolitical tensions, rate woes
- [KH Explains] Tesla ditching its premium strategy?
- GS Group, SNU to run incubator program for startups
- 'Seventeenth Heaven' logs record
- Seoul shares open lower on US losses
- Employment in manufacturing sector in Q3 falls at fastest pace in 11 quarters
- S. Korea reports additional cases of lumpy skin disease in cattle
- [속보] 한국인 163명 이스라엘서 무사히 왔다…서울공항 도착
- Samyang to release tom yum flavor Buldak in US
- [Herald Review] Stray Kids perform new standard of '5
- NewJeans, Ive win first national culture merit
- China’s export curbs on graphite may raise battery prices for EVs
- KT to cooperate with Thai telecom firm to create Thai language AI service
- Things to note to prevent disputes in international contracts: The critical clause of governing law
- [Herald Interview] Kang Ik
- Savor the irresistible taste of tteokbokki