S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
简介South Korea maintains a steady supply of liquefied natural gas and is actively preparing for potenti ...
South Korea maintains a steady supply of liquefied natural gas and is actively preparing for potential contingencies amid Middle East geopolitical uncertainties, the industry ministry said Tuesday.
"There have been concerns over the supply of gas following the Israel-Hamas incident amid the lingering war between Russia and Ukraine, but the supply currently remains stable," Director-General for Resource Policy Ryu Peob-min said during a meeting with industry officials.
"However, in the event of a further escalation of the Israel-Hamas situation, we cannot rule out its potential impact on the domestic supply. We are committed to remaining vigilant and thoroughly preparing for an emergency," he added.
During the meeting, the state-run Korea Gas Corp. noted that the country is maintaining LNG reserves at maximum capacity, with the supply anticipated to remain stable through the end of March.
The government plans to hold regular meetings with KOGAS and other LNG importers to maintain a stable supply of the resource, the ministry added. (Yonhap)
Lotte Group's year-end reshuffle announced on Wednesday signals a focus on new growth opportuni ...
The wait is over. The LG Twins are the champions of South Korean baseball for the first time in 29 y ...
The last chapter of the book contains the answer to Yoo’s question during the interview: “What is on ...
- Eximbank holds workshop on development financing
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- 이준석, 유승민과 창당설에 “배제 안 한다…한다면 비례 신당은 아냐”
- LG Chem opens research center in US
- Seoul shares open flat despite US gains
- [Today’s K
- 4 North Koreans cross East Sea maritime border in first since 2019
- Hyundai Motor partners with IUCN for forest project in Vietnam
- Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- [News Analysis] Could Kakao’s M&A strategy be its own undoing?
- Man booked for possession of machete ahead of Halloween
- Some 8,000 homes to relocate as Seoul's Hannam neighborhood undergoes redevelopment
- 尹 “연금안 맹탕? 근거·합의 없이 숫자로만 결론 낼 수 없다”
- Gov't to complete vaccination of cattle by Nov. 10 to prevent spread of lumpy skin disease
- [Exclusive] South Korean lawmakers to join international alliance taking on China
- Major retailer recalls over 50,000 pairs of shower shoes due to chemical hazard
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- US needs 'strategic clarity' on North Korea deterrence: report
- Retail sales up 9.5 pct in Sept. on strong online demand
- 황교안 "유승민·이준석 자리만 차지…통합, 잡탕밥 돼선 안돼"
- Seoul shares inch up on bargain hunting ahead of Fed meeting
- [KH Explains] Can humans catch lumpy skin disease?
- [Herald Review] Up
- Exports of passenger cars up 16 pct in Q3 on eco
- [Herald Interview] Korean Cultural Center in Madrid aims to extend, expand Korean culture in Spain
- US, China agree to work towards Biden
- Culture minister vows greater scrutiny over arts funding
- Taemin of SHINee returns solo with 4th EP ‘Guilty’